Monday, February 9, 2009

We Have Come Full Circle

This is the finished piece, (as of yet untitled) that I teased you with, dear reader, in my very first post. I finished it just before the weekend, and I am very pleased... 


The specs are: Colored pencil, with an acrylic background on board measuring 24"x 36" I still have a majority of the pencils I used on this piece sitting out on my desk, I shall count and then share with you exactly how many pencils it takes to get to the center of a tootsie pop.

For some reason this work has felt like it took an especially long time to complete, even though it has been pretty average, and gone smoothly. I believe this is in part due to having transported it on many of my travels, making it feel... almost like a ball and chain. Making it much more of a literal physical burden. BUT! Here we are today, and I have that nice sense of accomplishment chirping inside me.



3 comments:

hissingfauna said...

Erupting tigers are my favorite kind!

I'm pretty much speechless except for "witty" remarks. I can't wait to see it in person!

tribalbot said...

lovely work!

MatthewPaul said...

Impressive drawings Josephine, next time I'm in KC I'd like to see the real deal.